Monday, November 8, 2010

11/8 - A new week, a good weekend

Well I am almost through another Monday here in Yaounde, and just so you know, the Monday blah feeling happens here too! Today was actually a really good day! I was able to teach a few classes, while at the same time I had a lot of time to prep for my week. I really enjoy school when there is enough to keep me busy. Also, I had a blast at basketball practice, as I was able to give some good coaching advice.

I realized that I haven't blogged since before the weekend, so you do not know how it went. Well, the weekend was great, just enough action to be exciting, but enough relaxation that my body was ready for another week. On Friday, I went to a gathering of a bunch of teachers for dinner and a movie, then enjoyed a great night's sleep. Then on Saturday I woke up early to go play in a Volleyball Tournament with some people from school and other missionaries. It was held at the American School of Yaounde, and we got 2nd place! After that I returned home for some rest and then later we had a big get together of about 40 people here at the Peach Palace. It was a send off party for my roommate Alex, who is headed off to Bamenda, another city in Cameroon.  After the festivities, my Sunday was a pretty normal Sunday. I went to another Cameroonian church, this one translated in English! Then I took a nice nap and was pleasantly surprised that the Browns beat the Patriots! Yes, even in Africa I love to follow sports :)

The week has started well, and hopefully it will be full of new and excited things!

No comments:

Post a Comment