Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/11 Day of Prayer

Hello,

On this Veterans Day in America I am so appreciative of the freedoms we have in our Country; freedoms that allow me to take trips like these!

Today was a special day at school and all over the world in the Wycliffe/SIL community, as November 11 is their annual Day of Prayer. Apparently when the founder of Wycliffe first tried to get into Mexico, he was stopped at the border. Those who were with him then stopped to pray and God opened a way for them to get in. That day was November 11. Now, every member and missionary of Wycliffe stops working and commits to praying all day each November 11. At school we did not stop working, but we did kick of the Yaounde ceremonies with a Prayer Chapel. Hopefully I can grab some pictures that others took because it was great to see everyone there all at once. It was a gathering of all the people I have been meeting and getting to know.. so cool!

All in all, today was a great day that God used to teach me a couple things about being a committed follower of Christ. I need to devote myself to prayer; for my friends, family, Country, neighbors, Governors, professors, etc. I also realized how many people have been praying for me, and that completely humbles me! Thank you so much for your prayers, as God has blessed my trip so far and I will look forward to more blessings, even through the times of homesickness and tiredness!

God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment