Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time Flies 12/7 !

Hello! My how times goes fast when you aren't paying attention to it! It has been my goal these past few weeks to not waste a minute of my time here in Cameroon. Even so, it was easy to get into a routine of teaching, running, going to meetings, etc.  I am very relieved that today I taught my last official lesson, although we still have a few days of review sessions and then finals next week.  That said, I am going to focus on relationships during this last week that I am here. I have met so many great people, and my fellow teachers and the students are going to be hard to say goodbye to, but at the same time I am excited about coming home to everyone there :) (one person especially).

This weekend looks to be an adventure. My friend Paul has invited me to go to Bamenda, a city about 6 hours to the NorthWest of here, for a family wedding. I decided to go even though I can only stay for 36 hours!  They speak English in Bamenda, so that will make travel easier, and the 6 hours bus ride will be full of dynamic scenery that I may never see again. This will be a great time of reflection as well.

Even in Africa, and maybe because I am at an American 'ish school, there is a little Christmas vibe starting to come up. I love it. It is the best time of year, and I love anticipating the day we Celebrate Christ's birth.

"Who would have thought, that this baby would one day save me!" ~ Relient K

No comments:

Post a Comment